We have a great team and we’d love for you to join us! We are safety conscious and dedicated to helping our employees learn and grow!
Libs Paving Co., Inc. is looking to hire an experienced concrete finisher who can expertly pour, level, and smooth concrete on a variety of surfaces including roads, sidewalks, and curbs. This position may also be required to set the forms that hold the concrete in place, patch existing surfaces, cut expansion joints, and monitor the curing of the concrete to ensure a high-quality finish. This position will also
Concrete Finisher Responsibilities:
• Setting forms that hold the concrete in place.
• Cleaning and inspecting surfaces for pouring issues.
• Directing the casting of the concrete with the truck driver.
• Pouring, smoothing, and leveling concrete using a rake, trowel, float, and screed. This includes handheld tools and power tool versions.
• Monitoring the effects of the weather on the curing process.
• Applying sealing and hardening components.
• Safely operating power vibrator to ensure the concrete is compacted.
• Molding and constructing expansion joints using joiners and edging tools.
• Polishing surface using a power surfacing machine.
Concrete Finisher Requirements:
• High school diploma.
• Minimum 2 years work experience as a concrete laborer or mason.
• Ability to stand for long periods.
• Ability to lift heavy materials and work long hours.
• Ability to kneel for long periods.
• Knowledge of hand-held and power tools including power vibrators, polishers, cutting saws, and edging tools.
• Valid driver’s license is preferred.
Libs Paving Co. is an equal opportunity employer and one of the top paving companies hiring the best.
Please download and fill out the Libs-Paving-Application below, or contact Marketta, our HR Director at [email protected] or (812) 944-8942 for more information on specific job openings.